.....Service to the International Community
We are a small, but enthusiastic, Club with a strong commitment to helping those less fortunate overseas; ensuring that any aid is provided where it is needed and managed locally so that all funds are used wisely and effectively.
The Objectives of the International Service Committee are:
1. To respond quickly and effectively to international emergencies should they arise.
2. To support Malaria eradication through REMIT.
3. To hold one 'Mary's Meals' event (providing chronically hungry children with one meal every school day, encouraging education that can lift them out of poverty in later life).
4. To support one overseas charity which calls for artefacts, e.g. books, dress making materials, sewing machines.
5. To provide support for and donations to worthy Overseas causes, such as Vision Aid Overseas or the Guildford Eye project; Slavery Advocacy; Lend with Care; others as they arise during the year.
6. To maintain contact with the Valetta Christian Academy and support their work as appropriate and if funds allow.
7. To assist in Water & Sanitation project in Zandspruit, S.A..
8. To maintain contact with the Tanzanian boat project through the good offices of Rotarian P.P. David Brown.
International Service Committee Chair
IF CONTACTING US VIA THE LINK BELOW, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN THE PAGE TO REVEAL THE CONTACT FORM