RYLA Rotary Youth Leadership Award
The principle aims of RYLA are to provide an effective learning experience for young people who have already shown embryonic leadership skills, and to encourage leadership of young people by young people.
We are currently looking to select our young person for 2018, if you are interested please contact us
DISTRICT 1180's RYLA
Queensland, Australia in the 1960s the programme is run all over the
world by Rotary Clubs. The principle aims of RYLA is to provide an
effective learning experience for selected young people who have already
shown embrionic leaderdship skills, to encourage leadership of young
people by young people and to recognize publicly young people who are
rendering service to their communities.
In District 1180 the RYLA event takes the format of an activity training course for selected young people aged 16-18 at the Arthog Activity centre near Barmouth in North Wales. This next course is from Sunday 20 to Friday 25 August 2017.
So What can you expect?
By giving the opportunity of experiencing practical learning combined with current best practice in leadership training. Delivered by specialist tutors the candidates gain benefit by
• learning new skills utilising outdoor and water activities
• working effectively as a team in difficult situations
• experiencing how to make effective decisions using challenging exercises
• recognising and utilise skills in others
• working to tight deadlines
• understanding the problems of leadership
• learning from their own mistakes in a friendly atmosphere