King's Lynn Priory Rotary Club (Club 1180)
We are a friendly and growing and very active club with a very wide range of community and fundraising projects and a full social calender and proud to be part of the worldwide Rotary community
. We are also in the process of establishing a satellite club for younger professionals who are not able or ready to commit to full membership of the club. If you want to know more about Rotary click on the following linkhttp://rotarygbi.org/about-us/communities For more on the satellite club click on What We Do above and select the Satellite Club page
- Christmas trees for sale to raise money for club funds see details under what we do
- Satellite Club launched on 16 November with 9 members see pictures in what we do
- Successful "purple 4 polio" stand at the Sandringham Flower Show on 27 July where purple crocus bulbs were distributed.
- John Mansfield took over from Peter Tasker as our new President at the President's installation at King's Lynn Golf Club
- Dictionaries for life being distributed to 12 primary schools
- Tony Bruce awarded Paul Harris Fellowship at the President's night
- Stroke awareness event in Tuesday Market Place a great success with over 200 people tested
- Our Easter Egg Trail at Sandringham on Easter Saturday raised Â£2500 for East Anglia Air Ambulance
- the Rotary Foundation
- East Anglia Air Ambulance
- End Polio Now
- Shelter Box
- Home Start
- Lend With Care
- Churchill Park Forest School
- Poppy appeal
- The Rainbow Trust in Sri Lanka (in partnership with King's Lynn and King's Lynn Trinity Rotary Clubs). The Rainbow Trust provides education, nutrition and health support to the poorest children in a small area of Sri Lanka.
- Purfleet Trust
We run an annual harvest supper for the elderly and provide Dictionaries for Life to several schools.
We have also
- supported the Forest School at Churchill Park School by regularly attending as volunteers
On the social side we have an annual overseas trip, this year we went to Malta from 6-10 May, and our annual walking trip to Derbyshire.is at the end of September
If you would like to attend one of our meetings or are interested in joining the club please get in touch by clicking the contact tab below.
In the next 30 days...
We meet on Wednesdays at 13:00 or 18:30 (On middle two Wednesdays of each month we meet in the evening at 18.30 at the King's Lynn Golf Club - see Club website for detail.) KNIGHTS HILL HOTEL, South Wootton, King's Lynn each week at 13:00, except the middle 2 Wednesdays when we meet at 18:30 at the King's Lynn Golf Club. PE30 3HQ tel: 01553 675566