King's Lynn Priory Rotary Club (Club 1180)
We are a friendly and active club with a very wide range of community and fundraising projects and a full social calender. We are proud to be part of the worldwide Rotary community
. We have also established a satellite club aimed at those who are not able or ready to commit to full membership of the club. If you want to know more about Rotary click on the following linkhttp://rotarygbi.org/about-us/communities For more on the satellite club click on What We Do above and select the Satellite Club page
- Robert Jones took over from Ken Banks as President on 27th June.
- Two new members inducted in June/July.
- The annual charity golf event raised almost £6000 to be shared between Park House Hotel and the club's charity fund.
- Cheque for £1000 recently presented to Ken Banks's charity for the year and for £500 to the Matthew Project, Nelson's Journey and the Stroke Association.
- 3rd Easter Egg Trail raised £2500 for East Anglia Air Ambulance
- Three new members joined our satellite club in March 2018
- 3rd Young Photographer exhibition held in March 2018 Wiiner of intermediate section gains second place in national finals
- 4th successful technology tournament held at King's Lynn Academy in November 2017 sponsored by Bespak
- launched on 16 November with 9 members see pictures in what we do
- Successful "purple 4 polio" stand at the Sandringham Flower Show on 27 July where purple crocus bulbs were distributed.
- Dictionaries for life distributed to 12 primary schools
We run an annual harvest supper for the elderly and provide Dictionaries for Life to several schools.
We have also
- supported the Forest School at Churchill Park School by regularly attending as volunteers
On the social side we have an annual overseas trip, this year we are went to Bucharest from 10-14 May, and our annual walking trip to Derbyshire.is in early October
If you would like to attend one of our meetings or are interested in joining the club please get in touch by clicking the contact tab below.
Meetings and events happening soon
Saturday 18th August 13.30
Shakespeare's Merry Wives of Windsor
Day trip to Rutland Open Air Theatre at Tolethorpe Hall to see Shakespeare's Merry Wives of Windsor. Bring a picnic to have before the play, which starts at 13:30.
Wednesday 22nd August 13.00
Held at Knights Hill
Wednesday 29th August 19.00
Social Evening with partners
Details to be advised.
Saturday 1st September 12.00 - 17.00 Saturday 8th September
Rotary Youth Leadership Award (RYLA)
Held at Grafham Water. We are sponsoring an apprentice from BESPAC
Monday 3rd September 19.00
Wednesday 5th September 13.00
Held at Knights Hill
Wednesday 12th September 18.30
Held at the KLGC
Be part of a global network of volunteers, trying to make the world a better place. Please also see the 'links & news' page for information from the local district and live feeds from Rotary International and Rotary International in GB&I.
Family Rotary club use skills to kick-start local charities
Rotary members unite to tackle world hunger
Meetings & Venue
Where and when:
(On middle two Wednesdays of each month we meet in the evening at 18.30 at the King's Lynn Golf Club - see Club website for detail.)
KNIGHTS HILL HOTEL, South Wootton, King's Lynn each week at 13:00, except the middle 2 Wednesdays when we meet at 18:30 at the King's Lynn Golf Club. PE30 3HQ 01553 675566