At Holt and District Rotary we believe in supporting our local community through organising events and raising funds for significant projects. Over the last few years we have:
- Raised funds to support an Admiral dementia nurse for the Holt area.
- Supported numerous local charities such as East Anglia’s Childrens Hospice, the local Community Cafe, BOOM! (for young carers) and Nelsons Journey.
- Organised local events as varied as the Rotary Young Musician competition and diabetes testing with the local medical practice.
- Contributed to Rotary International’s ongoing campaign to eradicate polio worldwide.
We are a registered charity (number 1038711) and further details can be found on the Charity Commissions website.
We live in and around Holt and Sheringham and meet for a casual lunch twice monthly. Regular visits are arranged for members to local places of interest which have recently included:
- RAF Marham - home to the new Lightning II fighters
- The Newmarket Horse Racing Museum
If you are interested in supporting your local community whilst also having fun then consider joining us. Further information can be obtained from Mike Elsom (01263 710118). Details on future meetings and events can be found by scrolling down.
Visit these links and get a flavour of Holt and District
Meetings and events happening soon
Tuesday 23rd October 12.30
At the Feathers Hotel - Holt - visitors notify Alan Fenton 01263 715916 in advance. Speaker Nancy Oldfield Trust - Sailing for the disabled
Tuesday 13th November 12.30
Be part of a global network of volunteers, trying to make the world a better place. Please also see the 'links & news' page for information from the local district and live feeds from Rotary International and Rotary International in GB&I.
Family Rotary club use skills to kick-start local charities
Rotary members unite to tackle world hunger
Meetings & Venue
Where and when:
(Second and fourth Tuesdays each month other than December which is only second Tuesday)
The Feathers Hotel, Holt, Norfolk NR25 6BW Secretary 01263 710118