WELCOME TO WELLINGTON DISTRICT ROTARY CLUB
Wellington is a small but busy country town standing between the River Tone and the beautiful Blackdown Hills . With a population of about 14,000, Wellington is just 7 miles from the County Town of Taunton, 22 miles from Exeter and close to junction 26 of the M5
Originally Known as Weolingtun in the Anglo Saxon period, its name had changed to Walintone by the time of the Domesday Book of 1086. Wellington became a town under a royal charter of 1215 and grew as a centre for trade on the road from Bristol to Exeter. A fire in the town in 1731 meant major rebuilding took place after which it became a centre for clothmaking. Wellington gave its name to the first Duke of Wellington, Arthur Wellesley who is commemorated at the nearby Wellinton Monumentat the
The Rotary Club of Wellington District was formed in 2011 and chartered in June 2012, we are extremely active socially as well as helping others, therefore keeping in mind the Rotary Clubs' ideals of "Service above Self".
We are always looking for new members so, if you're interested in joining, then please contact email@example.com
This year we are supporting the following charities:
Horseshoes & Handprints
Childrens Hospice South West