Welcome to the webpage for Rotaract Moray. Rotaract is a unique international service organisation for people aged 18-30, offering a wide range of activities that will enable you to try something new, whilst having a great time and meeting others.
The purpose of Rotaract is to provide an opportunity for young men and women to enhance the knowledge and skills that will assist them in personal development, to address the physical and social needs of their communities, and to promote better relations between all people worldwide through a framework of friendship and service.
The goals of Rotaract are:
1. To develop professional and leadership skills;
2. To emphasise respect for the rights of others, and to promote ethical standards and the dignity of all useful occupations;
3. To provide opportunities for young people to address the needs and concerns of the community and our world;
4. To provide opportunities for working in co-operation with sponsoring Rotary clubs; and
5. To motivate young people for eventual membership in Rotary.
Originally founded in the United States in 1968, Rotaract came to the UK and Ireland in the early 1970s. There are just currently over 60 clubs in the Great Britain and Ireland (GB&I), and more than 7,500 clubs across 155 countries worldwide.