Rotary Club of City of St. Asaph - welcome! Please scroll/swipe down through this page to find out more about us, in addition to the pages linked in the menu, top-left.
St Asaph Rotary Club Country Fayre
Country Pursuits and Charity Stalls plus flying model aircraft, vintage tractor display, horses, Circus skills for children, archery, Birds of Prey and much much more to keep all the family happy in a beautiful setting. Food and drink availabledetails
The Rotary Club of the City of St Asaph
The Club was founded on 1984 and over the years some £200,000 has been raised and given to local charities and good causes as well as to international projects in third world countries. In addition through friendship and fellowship the club regularly undertakes numerous fundraising activities.
The club enjoys helping others by:-
- Fund raising - Over Â£13,000 was raised last year. In the past there have been such events as the coconut shy, collections for disasters and the wishing well but the main fund raisers are the Summer Fayre and the Christmas float.
- Action in the Community Planting flowers, providing marshals at charity events, giving career talks to students, sponsoring student leadership courses and singing at local events
- Community donations - recently nearly Â£9,000 was raised for the St.Asaph Flood Relief Fund, Â£1000 was given to the local hospice and many many other lesser donations have been made to schools, clubs, organizations etc.
- Rotary International - When 34,000 clubs unite for international projects the effect is very powerful. For example Rotary has taken the lead in nearly eradicating polio across the world. Shelter boxes and relief boxes are sent to 50,000 families per year for help in disaster areas
- Projects abroad - Where the club has direct contacts abroad many projects have been supported such as Â£1000 for bunk beds in an orphanage in Nepal, Â£8,000 for classrooms in Nepal, Â£800 for education of Sri Lankan orphans and Â£500 for materials to build toilets at a Sri Lankan school
- Social events - The club meets every Thursday night for an informal meal followed by a talk, entertainment or to discuss activities. In addition many social activities take place such Burn's Night, BBQs, trips, visits, and social nights
WHY NOT FIND OUT A LITTLE MORE ABOUT US?
Everyone is most welcome to enjoy a meal with us on a Thursday night at 6.30 at the Bod Erw, St.Asaph, or to join us in other events If you are interested please contact The secretary, Chris Smith, Isfryn, Rhuallt, Denbighshire, LL17 0TE. Tel: 01745 582249 Mob: 07713141079 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetings and events happening soon
Thursday 27th July 18.30
Tuesday 1st August 18.00
Council at Tom's
Thursday 3rd August 18.30
Business Meeting/Fayre briefing
Thursday 10th August 18.30
Thursday 17th August 18.30
Main Fayre Briefing
Sunday 20th August 07.00 -
St Asaph Rotary Club Country Fayre
Country Pursuits and Charity Stalls plus flying model aircraft, vintage tractor display, horses, Circus skills for children, archery, Birds of Prey and much much more to keep all the family happy in a beautiful setting. Food and drink available
Thursday 24th August 18.30
Supper - Business Meeting
Be part of a global network of volunteers, trying to make the world a better place. Please also see the 'links & news' page for information from the local district and live feeds from Rotary International and Rotary International in GB&I.