Privacy and Accessibility
Every effort has been made to ensure that the original template pages for this site are W3C compatible.
However, as the content of pages is supplied by the club, such content may not be compatible.
We use Google Analytics to make sure our statistics are reliable.
Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. We do not collect or store your personal information (e.g. your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
Some pages may have cookies used to integrate with Social Media sites, so that, for example, if you are logged into Facebook, you can 'like' pages.
We do not collect personal data in the public area of the site - if you complete a contact form, for example, your email address is not stored in a database for re-use, nor is any information passed to third parties.
ROTARY CLUB OF LINCOLN COLONIA
Local Data Protection Policy
This policy applies to all club members, club officers and volunteers or any individual or organisation working on behalf of The Rotary Club of Lincoln Colonia
The purpose of this policy:
· to ensure person identifiable data is controlled and processed in a manner which respects individual rights and our legal obligations
· to provide club members and volunteers with the overarching principles that guide our approach to data protection.
We will seek to keep personal data secure and accurate by:
· Ensuring all club members and volunteers are aware of the need to protect personal identifiable data
· Designating a club officer (council member) with specific responsibility for Data Protection
Information we hold
· We will maintain a personal identifiable data (PID) register
· Only personal identifiable data (PID) necessary to The Rotary Club of Lincoln Colonia. to carry out its activities as defined in the club objectives will be held. This will include data on the following subjects
o Club Members
o Club officers
o Children (recipients of charity services)
o Adults (recipients of charity services)
· We will publish a data privacy statement on our website
· We will display/publish a data privacy statement at our public events
· Subject access requests will be responded to with information in a format accessible to the subject
· Individuals have the right to request information we hold is amended or deleted
· Individuals have the right to restrict how The Rotary Club of Lincoln Colonia processes their data
· We will respond to Individual requests within the required timescales
Subject Access Requests
· We will respond to Subject Access requests in the UK for data which we hold in accordance with the timescales and requirements of the EU GDPR and UK Data Protection Act
Lawful basis for processing personal data
· Person Identifiable Data will only be processed by The Rotary Club of Lincoln Colonia where there is a legitimate reason to access the data in carrying out the defined objectives of the charity. Specifically
o Charity Service Recipient data is processed on the basis of consent
o Donor & fundraiser data is processed on the basis of consent
o Volunteer data is processed on the basis of Agreement
· Donors and fundraisers will give consent to The Rotary Club of Lincoln Colonia to hold and process their data as part of the donation and fundraiser registration
· Individual recipients of charity services will give consent to The Rotary Club of Lincoln Colonia to hold and process their data
· The Rotary Club of Lincoln Colonia does not offer any online services to children.
· Any data breach (or suspected breach) will be referred to the Data Protection Lead who will be responsible for investigating the breach/potential breach and if required reporting to the RIBI Data Protection Lead who will in turn report if required report to the Information Commissioner Office (ICO) as required under GDPR.
· Risk assessments will include an assessment of the risk of data breaches
Data protection by design and Data protection impact assessments
· Recording and storing information professionally and securely
· Maintaining a personal identifiable data (PID) register
· No automated decision making (including profiling) based on individual’s data will be carried out.
Data Protection Officer
· A Data protection officer (DPO) is not required to be assigned locally
· RIBI as the responsible legal organisation will be responsible for registering for payment of a data protection fee with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
· As The Rotary Club of Lincoln Colonia does not operate in any EU states other than the UK the lead data protection authority will be the UK Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
· Providing effective management for members and volunteers through supervision, support, training and quality assurance measures
· Ensuring we have effective complaints and whistleblowing measures in place
Record Retention & Disposal
· Personal Identifiable data collected as part of an event or project will be held for the duration of the project the data was collected for and for a further period of no more than six months (unless there is a statutory requirement to hold data for longer periods).
The policy has been drawn up on the basis of law and guidance, applicable within the UK, that seeks to protect children, namely:
· Data Protection Act 1998
· EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2016 (UK enforceable May 2018)
· Computer misuse act 1990
· Human Rights Act 1998
This policy should be read alongside all other Rotary Club of Lincoln Colonia and RIBI Policies
Data Protection Lead (club officer)
We are committed to reviewing our policy and good practice annually.
This policy was last reviewed on 15th May 2018