District Foundation Centenary project with the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, held in the Scottish Parliament
Peace Conference: Unlocking Leadership Potential
The District Foundation Centenary project in partnership with the
Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scotland is now reaching its final stage.
The Unlocking Leadership Potential conference will be held at the Scottish Parliament on Monday, 18th December 2017, at which the young people supported have the opportunity to showcase their projects.
This is a great opportunity to give pupils from schools in your area
an opportunity to see at first hand the benefits of both the “The Peace
Project” and Duke of Edinburgh’s Award scheme.
The conference will include:
- Kirkcudbright Peace Advocates to lead sessions for young people
- Separate breakout sessions for adults
- Inspirational speakers, who will frame the breakout sessions
- Duke of Edinburgh Peace Advocates will showcase their work, showing outcomes from the training weekend in February
- Coffee/tea on arrival and lunch
100 youngsters with teachers, DoE Centre Leaders and carers can be
accommodated at the event. There will be no charge for these attendees.
In addition, up to 50 Rotarians can be accommodated. Rotarians
attending are asked to support the event by contributing £10 to cover
their lunch and coffee/tea.
Download the poster here.
Please note registration is now closed as we have reached capacity.