Rotary Friendship Exchange oppportunities
As indicated in District Newsletters and District Council Meetings, D1020 has several RFEs on the go and more planned for 2019 and 2020.
The following exchange opportunities are for 2018-19. The travelling groups are for 10 to 14 people (made up of singles and/or couples). Party members can add time on before or after the exchange period to travel in their selected country as they wish. Dates for travelling out and back to Scotland are flexible for anyone interested.
The trip out to D3141, Mumbai, India over 24 January to 7 February 2018 is now full.
Expressions of interest are now welcomed from those interested in going to D9800 and/or D5520. Please contact the D1020 RFE Coordinator, PDG Alistair Marquis at firstname.lastname@example.org. Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
There are ten places for people (couples/singles) left to join the visit to D9800, Melbourne, Australia for 2 weeks in April 2019 (exact dates to be confirmed).
We also require offers of accommodation for Rotarians from Melbourne visiting D1020 over Saturday,11th to Saturday 25th August 2018. Whether or not you are interested in travelling to Australia in 2019 or not, we would appreciate offers of accommodation for singles or couples from D9800. If you can assist please contact PDG Alistair as above.
There are eight places for people (couples/singles) left to join the visit to D5520, Texas/New Mexico over Tuesday, 11th to Tuesday, 20th September 2018.
We also require offers of accommodation for Rotarians from Texas/New Mexico visiting D1020 over Sunday,6th to Tuesday 15th May 2018. Whether or not you are interested in travelling to Texas/New Mexico later in 2018 or not we would appreciate offers of accommodation for singles or couples from D5520. If you can assist please contact PDG Alistair as above.
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT WE AS A DISTRICT SUPPORT THESE PLANS NOW IN PLACE.
The main aims of a Rotary Friendship Exchange are:
- An international exchange programme for Rotarians, families and friends.
- Opportunity to experience other cultures by staying in the homes of Rotarians, visiting their Clubs and participating in the lifestyle and activities of their communities.
- Hosted by local Rotarians. To see a country from the perspective of those who live there. Seeing tourist attractions and much more that the ordinary tourist will not see.
- An opportunity to advance international understanding, fellowship and peace through visits across borders. The privilege of hosting fellow Rotarians from abroad.
- Open to individual Rotary members, couples, families, young and older, or groups from a single Club or neighbouring Clubs.
- The District communicates in advance regarding format, timing and duration of the formal exchange part of each visit but with flexibility for group members to make personal additional arrangements.
- The host District or host Rotarians plan an interesting schedule (with ample free time too!).
- Funded by the participants: hosts do not have a significant financial burden other than providing accommodation and some meals. Accordingly, a cheaper stay than a normal holiday!
- Visitors are guaranteed warm hospitality and enriching international travel experiences.
- New friendships, a lot of adventures, fun and laughter guaranteed.