Information on this year's Young Chef competition
The Rotary Young Chef Competition is a well-established and successful competition organised and promoted by Rotary International in Great Britain & Ireland and sponsored by Filippo Berio.
It is a four-stage national competition to support and encourage development of cookery skills. Some stages may have more than one round.
This competition aims to encourage young people to:
• Learn how to cook a healthy meal
• Develop food presentation skills
• Consider food hygiene issues
• Develop organisational and planning skills
• Develop an ability to cope in a demanding situation
- Clubs to enter the competition no later than 1st September2017. UNFORTUNATELY NO LATE ENTRIES CAN BE ACCEPTED.*
- Arrange Club competition to be completed by 3rd November 2017 – using local Chefs; head teachers; and/or suitably qualified persons to judge.
- Winner and runner-up go forward to an Area Final which should be completed by 8th December 2017
- Area winner and runner-up go forward to District Final. This will be held on Saturday 3rd FEebruary 2018 at West Lothian College, Livingston. (To be confirmed)
- Winner and runner up go forward to the Regional Final. Date & Venue TBC
- The National Final – The 2017/18 National Final will be held on Saturday 28th April 2018. Venue to be confirmed.
D1020 Club entry form - click here
Rules for entry - click here
Club competition rules - click here
Guidance notes - click here
RIBI information pack - click here