Club Facebook Page & Social Media Competition
Last year's winners were Appleby.
Click here to view their page
We have expanded the Facebook competition to include all other forms of social media: Twitter, Instagram etc.
Previous winners are :
- 2016-2017 Great Harwood & Rishton Rotary
- 2015-2016 Rossendale
- 2014- 2015 Furness
- 2013-2014 Church & Oswaldtwistle.
A competition for the Best Club Facebook page that helps to promote Rotary. This is for public pages.
Criteria that the page will be judged on are:
- Public page (not a closed group or page you have to join)
- Good and accurate use of Rotary roundel.
- Eye catching profile picture & timeline
- Pithy posts with a picture/s relating to club activity
- Promoting a visually appealing image of an organisation active in its local community
- Posts relating to Rotary in the national / international community
- Use of questions to spark conversations and activity on the page
- Frequency of posts - too few = no interest, too many = turn off
- Friends – local and local business/organisations
All are eligible to enter, and have an equal chance of winning the District 1190 Club Facebook/social media Competition,
with the trophy being presented at the District Conference in Grange over Sands.
The most important element on which the winner is selected is content and a little bit of humour will not be out of place.
Please enter giving the following information:
- Facebook page name
- Facebook administrators and whether club members or not
- an email address for contact if necessary
- Social media page name
- Social media administrators and whether club members or not
- an email for contact if necessary.
Each page will be judged several times from December 2018 to February 2019.
Judges will be looking for some or all of these elements:
- Stimulating member interest in Rotary
- Communicating club information, particularly to members who are absent
- Good use of photos and images
- Information from committees
- Providing all members with information about RI and RIBI
- Encouraging increased participation by members
- Serving as a chronicle and archive of the life of the club
If your club uses the various forms of social media platforms, please register your entry with Ian McTurk, Chairman of the District Membership & PI Team by 11th December 2018. Entries close 31st January 2019.
NOTE: The winning entry will be offered a 5 min presentation slot at the
District Conference on 23rd March at Grange over Sands.