District Youth Services 2018 - 2020
Latest News on Rotary Young Citizen Award winners
Read about and listen to inspirational interviews with Rotary Young Citizen Award winners on BBC News Channel from 6th to 10th May 2020
Read a summary of the Youth Activity Plan which was presented to the District 1100 Assembly in May 2020
Read the latest update and plans for our Youth programmes and activities following the District Assembly in May 2020
Read here the feedback on our Youth Services from the District Council in October 2018
Read also the results of the RIBI Root and Branch review of Youth Services.
Youth Services Overview
The menu to the right and the details below will give you a good idea of what District 1100 does in terms of youth opportunities. There are three types of opportunities as follows:
- Programmes: are intended to help young people develop new friendships and achieve their full potential. The programmes are designed to stimulate interest and understanding in the young persons community and the wider world.
- Broadly speaking, these are junior Rotary Clubs designed for youngsters at Junior School (Rotakids), Senior School (Interact) and beyond school until 30 years of age (Rotaract).
- Other Opportunities: include Rotary Youth Leadership Awards: a 6 day / 5 night residential leadership training course in the Forest of Dean, for 16 to 18 year olds; participation in the Rotary World Affairs and funding for youth activities from the Children's Holiday Trust.
- Many Rotary Clubs also help schools with mock interviews and enterprise activities.
- Competitions: are usually RIBI National Competitions, but clubs are free to use their own rules to do their own thing locally. Typical competitions include public speaking, musicians, writing, cooking, art, football, citizenship, photography and technology.
Click here for the latest summary of all the Youth programmes and competitions for 2019-2020, with dates and contact details.
Click here for advice on how to contact schools.
Click here to see a short video of the District 1100 Youth Services in action during the 2013-14 year.
Follow us at www.Facebook.com/RotaryD1100Youth for updates.
Email Andy Jarrett, Youth Service Chair: RotaryD1100Youth@gmail.com for more information or how to get involved.