Annual Club Website competition
Club Website Competition
The winners 2017-2018 are Upper Eden Rotary.
Click here to view their website
Previous winners are Church & Oswaldtwistle (2016-2017), Rossendale (2015-2016),Upper Eden (2014-2015), Barrow in Furness (2013-2014), Furness (2012-2013), Penrith (2011-2012), Church & Oswaldtwistle (2010-2011) and Carlisle Castle (2009-2010).
The District 1190 Club Website competition is open to any club in this District using their own site or the RIBI template.
Each site will be judged several times from December 2018 to February 2019. The winner will be announced and the District Trophy awarded at the District Conference Grange over Sands.
Does the club website give the impression that the club is active and attractive to join?
In order to encourage best practice, judges will check that the site is up to date and it meets the following basic criteria :
- Interesting Home Page
- Up to date and updated regularly
- Meeting Venue information ie venue, time, telephone number
- Contact information for prospective members and others
- Future meetings
- Future events
- Links to District, RI, and RIBI sites
Other useful things to include :
- The club itself and its history
- The area it serves
- Reports of recent events
- Good use of pictures
- Club officers displayed with picture and biographical details (optional)
- Photo galleries
- Club committee activities, not just a list of chairmen/members
- Innovation making good use of the RIBI template or other software
To enter please register by email to Ian McTurk Chair of District Membership & PI Team by 11th December 2018, stating that your club would like to enter and giving the following information:
- website address
- website author and whether club member or not
- an email address for contact if necessary
Entries close 31st January 2018
NOTE: The winning entry will be offered a 5 min presentation slot at the District Conference in March at Grange over Sands.