Mon 29th July 2019 at 12.00 - Thu 5th September 2019 - 12.50
In conjunction with Holy Cross, St Augustines and the Methodist Church Rotary have been involved in preparing and delivering 575 packed lunches to children in need around Daventry.
Holiday Hunger Project:
- As of today and following 5 weeks of hard, but very worthwhile work, the “Holiday Hunger” ‘Pilot Project’ 2019 has now been come to an end.
- Thanks therefore to everyone (both Club Members & CTiD) who have Helped
- The Project was a resounding success
- Despite an initially disappointing ‘sign up’ and ‘engagement’ rate – some 16 individual Families and a total of 39 Children became involved and were helped.
- Over the 5 week period – we have ‘prepared, packed and delivered’
….. more than 575 free Lunches
- All of which were ‘Personally Delivered’ to Families on Southbrook, Middlemore, the Grange, Headlands and Ashby Fields
- The ‘Thanks’, appreciation and nothing but ‘positive feedback’ from Parents and the Children involved – was both encouraging, humbling and rewarding.
- Whilst some of the ‘Family situations’ seen; were troubling and disturbing.