Sun 28th April 2019 at 09.00 - 15.30
Sunday 28th April at Bolton Wanderers Football Stadium
District Assembly will be held on SUNDAY 28th April 2019. At the University of Bolton Stadium (formerly Macron / Reebok). Junction 6 of the M61 signposted Horwich.
Attendees should park in front of the Whites Hotel and follow the building clockwise to the Stadium
entrance opposite the Nat Lofthouse statue. Registration and coffee is on the 2nd floor (good stairs
As well as tea/coffee on arrival there will be further drinks available mid-morning and at lunch.
Lunch itself will consist of a selection of sandwiches and chips. Special dietary requirements will
need to be notified in advance.
The welcome and plenary sessions will be held in the 2nd floor Platinum Suite. This will be set out
cabaret style for 250+ attendees.
Guest speakers planned include Chris Wells (Rotaract Do-goodery) and Andy Cope.
Break-out sessions will be allocated in 1st floor rooms as follows:
Membership and Public Image - Chairman’s Suite
Community and International Projects - Macron Suite
Vocational and Youth - BWFC Chairman’s Suite
Secretary and Treasurer briefings will take place in the main Platinum Suite and will be held just once.
Other break-out session will be repeated morning and afternoon.
• Membership and Public Image (Phil Dyer, Irene Russell)
• Community and International Projects (Stan Bowes Rosemary Boardman and Swati Mukherjee)
• Vocational and Youth – Chris Boyes and Tony Beckett)
• District Restructuring, Change and The Way Ahead (Eric Cowcill and Patrick Tyrrell)
• Treasurers and District Budgeting (Dennis Hobson and Roger Glew)
• Secretaries, Compliance and Communications (Richard Cooper and Roger Glew)