Swim Team Registration
Want to enter a team for the Swimarathon and take part in this great community event?
To enter a team for the 2019 Market Harborough Rotary Swimarathon please let us know by emailing us at
This email should be used for all swim team registrations and for all post-registration communication
The 2019 Swimarathon will take place at the Market Harborough Leisure Center on the weekend of 2nd and 3rd March 2019. Swimming will start at 3.00pm each day and continue in one hour sessions through to the final session which will end at 8.00pm.
Once registered you will receive details of your allocated swim time and sponsorship forms for your team members.
Click on the banner below for a short Swimarathon video that will show you a little more of what its like to take part.
The Rotary Club of Market Harborough Swimarathon
2nd and 3rd March 2019
GUIDANCE FOR SWIMMERS
Before the BIG DAY
· Please ensure that you get a sponsor form from your Team Captain and get as many relatives, colleagues and friends as possible to sponsor you for the swim. If they are a taxpayer make sure they tick the gift aid box and include their name, address and postcode. This helps us to recover tax and increase the cash we can award.
On the Day
· First and foremost HAVE FUN whilst helping worthy causes!!
· Please arrive at least 40 minutes before your allocated swim time.
· Your Team Captain will have arranged to collect your sponsorship forms and any money you have collected before or when you arrive. If you have not collected all your sponsorship money the sponsor forms will be returned to you by your team captain. Your Team Captain will register you at the Rotary registration desk. After you have changed and assembled as a team you will be assigned a swimming lane and invited to pose for a team photo that can feature on the certificate you will receive after your swim.
· After changing into your swimwear and getting together as a team please follow the stewards’ instructions for your team photograph. (Please do not enter the water before your team photograph has been taken.)
· Once the previous team has left your lane of the pool your team will be free to enter the pool and get acclimatized to the water before your swim.
· The first swimmer will start from the SHALLOW end. There is no diving at that end but swimmers may dive in from the deep end.
· The formal start time of your swim is on the hour when the air horn will sound. You are free to swim in any style you like any time during the 55 minutes that your team is allocated. Swimming in a relay, you may position team members at either end of your lane. Only one member of a team should be in the water at any one time but stronger swimmers in your team may swim more lengths than less strong swimmers. Lane stewards will record the total number of lanes completed by your team. At five minutes to the hour the air horn will sound again marking the end of your team’s swim.
· Each lane has a steward. If you have any last minute questions please ask him/her.
· Members of the public are NOT allowed to stand on the pool surround to take photographs.
After your swim
· After the swim please get changed and follow directions to collect your team photo certificate and your endorsed sponsor form.
· Please use your sponsor form to collect all your remaining sponsor money. All the outstanding sponsorship must be collected and handed in to your team captain who will pass it to the Rotary Club of Market Harborough by the Friday 29th March deadline.
· Your team captain is your link with the Rotary Club of Market Harborough for the handing in of sponsorship money. If in doubt, contact your team captain or Rotarian Chris Etherington on 01858 467649 or 07778 120039