Lend With Care
How we are supporting small entrepreneurs in developing countries
Supporting small entrepreneurs in developing countries
Rugeley Rotary are supporting small entrepreneurs by joining "Lend With Care" - a charity which helps people and groups set up and develop small businesses, usually in developing countries. This helps them build independence, support their families, created jobs and escape from poverty.
You can find out more about the charity and how you can also Lend with Care on their website.
Our first investments are to 6 enterprises:
- Nieves Ubaldina in Malacatos, Ecuador who is raising poultry
- Musarat Khanum in Lahore, Pakistan to elp setting up a clothes shop
- St Catherines in Harare Zimbabwe who are into food production
- The Happy Group, a collective of 25 women in Katete Zambia setting up shops
- Consolacion Taboada in Toledo City in the Philippines who is raising pigs
- Wilson Barquin in Toledo City in the Philippines who has a vulcanising shop
Because these are investments or loans, rather than donations, the money will be repaid in a few months and then we will be able to re-use it to help more people.
By visiting the Rotary District 1210 team page, you can see just what a difference you can make when you look at all the investments Rotary Clubs and individuals in the area have all made.