Club Service Committee
Club Service means simply service within the club - by monitoring the organisation and smooth functioning of the club's affairs and administration. This is accomplished through this committee which is normally chaired by the President Elect. The Club Service Committee is responsible for:
- membership development
- recruitment, considering applications for membership, for initial briefing and training of new members and ensuring that new members are well looked after once they join the club
- membership retention
- Club calendar, meeting programme and speakers
- organising and managing Club activities
- members' attendance and welfare
- sports and social events
- liaison with the management of the meeting venue
- public relations.
Club Service is the 'engine room' of the club and is the foundation of a good Rotary club because only where efficiency and good fellowship exist can Rotary service to others be successfully achieved.