Supporting local charities
Above: Water Station at the Helmsley 10k run
TAKE ACTION and give something back to your local community
Helmsley & District Rotary Club is looking for men and women who can volunteer help to achieve targets of helping deserving causes in the local communities of Helmsley, Kirkbymoorside and surrounding villages and projects internationally. Ask for a leaflet about Rotary International. Telephone 07718 532009 or email email@example.com
This month's quiz winner was Laura with 12 correct answers. How many can you get?
Helmsley & District Rotary Club Quiz No.9
1. What is the 11th sign of the zodiac?
2. Which bridge was voted Scotland’s greatest structure?
3. Of what is claustrophobia a morbid fear?
4. Which London concert venue is located on Kensington Gore?
5. With which film is the song “As Time Goes By” associated?
6. Which vegetable, also known as lady’s fingers is called bhindi in Indian cuisine?
7. Beatrix Potter. What creature was Mrs Tiggy-Winkle?
8. Which colour is amarillo in Spanish and jaune in French?
9. What was invented in the Thirties by Sir Robert Watson-Watt?
10. In which city is the Golden Gate bridge located?
11. The nectarine is a close relation to which other fruit?
12. Named after the owner which car marque has the initials DB?
13. The Enigma Variations is a work by which composer?
14. The Chinese gooseberry is another name for which fruit?
15. Peter and Lois Griffin have a pet dog called Brian in which TV series?
ANSWERS click link below
Meetings and events happening soon
Monday 19th February 18.30
No meeting this week
Monday 26th February 18.30
Monday 5th March 18.30
General knowledge quiz of just 15 questions. Just for fun. No prizes. If you would like to take part, it's free, please contact us 07718 532009
Monday 12th March 18.30
Planning for the future
Saturday 17th March 09.30
President Elect preparation
Training for the Rotary year 2018/19
Monday 19th March 11.00
Visit and tour of Lastingham Church followed by lunch.
Be part of a global network of volunteers, trying to make the world a better place. Please also see the 'links & news' page for information from the local district and live feeds from Rotary International and Rotary International in GB&I.
Rotary supporting young people
Rotary on the brink of polio history
Meetings & Venue
Where and when:
(Third Monday in the month is an outside visit. Please ring for details 07718532009)
7 High Marketplace