The Rotary Club of Dewbury meets on Mondays at Heath Cottage.
We meet every Monday at 18.30. There is a two course meal and tea or coffee.
What Does The Rotary Club of Dewsbury 'do'?
- Fill shoe boxes for children all over the world, who have very little.
- Fill Rotary Aqua Boxes with items for disasters, which can be used to supply 1100 litres of fresh water.
- Yorkshire School in Sri Lanka. Built by donations from Yorkshire Rotary Clubs,
- after the Tsunami.
- Buy and deliver plants to old peoples homes at Christmas time.
- Help the local Women's Refuge with items.
- Car Boot Sale, held every bank holiday Mondays. Fund raising.
- Pig Race Night. Fund raising.
- Arrange a holiday in Scarborough for Carers in our area.
- Help to Dewsbury Women's Support Group.
- Box collecting for other charities, such as Red Cross, Macmillan and Marie Curie.
- Distributing Poppy Boxes in our area, for the British Legion.
- Giving help to people via Kirklees Caring Services.
- Collecting books to go to the Third World.
- Support the League of Friendship for the Disabled.
- Collecting used reading glasses, for the third world.
- Support the Rotary Technology Tournament for local schools.
- Sponsor students for extra Art Courses.
- Support the Dewsbury in Bloom programme.
- Arrange social functions for members and friends.
- Support Hearing Dogs for the Deaf.
- Donations to Dewsbury Hospital Laser and Diabetes Appeals.
- Buy Rotary Shelter Tents for world disasters.
- Support to the Alzeimers group in Mirfield.
- Donations for the eradication of Polio worldwide, with Bill Gates help.
- Support to Leukemia and Cancer groups, also Kirkwood Hospice.
Be part of a global network of volunteers, trying to make the world a better place. Please also see the 'links & news' page for information from the local district and live feeds from Rotary International and Rotary International in GB&I.
Meetings & Venue
Where and when:
(Evenings @ 18.30 FOR 18.45 No meetings on a Bank Holiday Monday. )
Heath Cottage Hotel, Wakefield Rd, Dewsbury, WF12 8ET 01924 465399