The Rotary Club of Sleaford Kesteven, number 1779 in the 1070 District, was formed in 1992 with an initial group of around 20 members. It evolved from our 'Mother' - the Rotary Club of Sleaford - which meets at lunchtimes, as an evening alternative. In the last 20 years, Sleaford Kesteven has grown from strength to strength and now has around 40 members. In the Rotary year 2009/10, it was given an award by then Assistant District Governor Ken Billington, for inducting more new members than any other club in the 1070 District.
Initially meeting in The Lion Hotel in Sleaford, it then moved to the Lincolnshire Oak in Sleaford. However, due to the venue's sale and uncertain future, the club moved to the Finch-Hatton Arms in nearby Ewerby in the summer of 2011. It continues to meet at 19.30 on Wednesday evenings and all visitors are welcome.
(If wishing to visit, please inform the Secretary via email on this site.)
Our new Club website is now up and running.
Visit : www.rotarysleafordkesteven.co.uk
In 2013, the Club helped to form an associated Interact Club, based at the St Georges Academy, Ruskington. For more details, see:
In April every year, the Club has a very successful St George's Beer festival. Held for the last few years in the St Denys Church Rooms in Sleaford, the event is held on the closest weekend to St George's Day. For more information, see: club website
We meet on Wednesdays at 1930 for 2000 The Finch-Hatton Arms, 43 Main Street, Ewerby. NG349PH tel: 01529 400302