Welcome to the Rotary Club of Jersey de la Manche
Supporting Families and Young People
Are you a Rotarian visiting Jersey on holiday or for business; come and see us
ï¿½family members are welcome tooï¿½
For meeting details Click Here. &nhbsp;
Meetings are held on the 2nd & 4th Tuesday at 6pm for 6:15pm at the following location:
Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel
Rue de L'etau
Please contact the Honorary Secretary to confirm there are no changes to the date/time or location.
Current President and Honorary Secretary
The 2016/17 President of the Rotary Club de la Manche is Rtn. Tina Palmer
The current Honorary Secretary is Rtn. Annette Blanchet. For more information about the club and/or any changes to meeting times or locations, please contact her evenings/weekends on the following number:
- Home number: 01534 887872
or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
For almost 60 years, the Rotary Club of Jersey (founded in 1923) was the only Rotary club in the island. But, as a result of major growth by the finance industry during the 1970's and early 1980's, it became apparent that there was a demand for a second club to be formed to attract the younger professionals.
With an initial membership of thirty two, the Rotary Club de La Manche received its Charter on 23rd November 1985, as a member of District 1110.
Since then the Rotary Club de la Manche has been actively involved in both local and international projects, including:
- Taking a lead role in organising the annual Round the Island Jersey walk
- In 2013 the Club entered a three year commitment to support the work of Brighter Futures, a Jersey charity that works with families and young people.
- Helping to upgrade the indigenous cattle of poor countries by shipping Jersey bull semen for Operation Milk Flow
- Arranging the shipment of a herd of Jersey cows to the Lightforce farm in Albania
- Building a sensory garden for Mont a L'Abbe School and undertaking the maintenance of a valley in St Ouen
- Supporting both practically and financially, the Jersey charity Centrepoint, that provides after school care for children of working parents
- Organising (jointly with the Rotary Club of Jersey) an annual fete on Liberation Day to raise funds for local charities
- Organising the annual public speaking competition for island schools (Youth Speaks)
- Supporting the Start The Heart Appeal to provide defibrillators throughout the island
- Organising an annual dress down day in the island in order to raise money for charities
- Presenting a vehicle to the Jersey Cheshire Home (Millennium project)
- Helping (jointly with the Rotary Club of Jersey) to raise ï¿½80,000 for Polio Plus in 2003
- Taking over in 2004 the organisation of the annual round-island walk that raises over ï¿½100,000 per annum of charitable funds
- Organising the annual collection and despatch of Christmas shoeboxes filled with small gifts for the children of Romania. 2213 shoeboxes were filled by the Club and helpers last year.
The Club meets on the 2nd/4th Tuesday evening in the month (6 pm start) and its annual programme includes social evenings and cultural visits with spouses\partners\guests most welcome. To give some back ground, originally Rotary in 1905 was a single gender organisation with a total male membership. Over the last 20-30 years Rotary worldwide has tried to reflect the modern work place and the de la Manche Club has embraced this change with many sucessful talented female members joining the membership.
In the next 30 days...
Social Media...Follow @RotaryDLM
We meet on Tuesdays at 1815
(Meetings held on the 2nd & 4th Tuesday)
Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel Rue de L'etau
, JE2 3WF tel: 01534 671100