Supporting Families and Young People
Are you a Rotarian visiting Jersey on holiday or for business; come and see us
family members are welcome too
For meeting details Click Here.
Meetings are held on the 2nd & 4th Tuesday at 6pm for 6:15pm at the following location:
Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel
Rue de L'etau
Please contact the Honorary Secretary to confirm there are no changes to the date/time or location.
Current President and Honorary Secretary
The 2017/18 President of the Rotary Club de la Manche is Rtn. Mike Belligoi
The current Honorary Secretary is Rtn. Annette Blanchet. For more information about the club and/or any changes to meeting times or locations, please contact her evenings/weekends on the following tel no: 01534 887872 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
For almost 60 years, the Rotary Club of Jersey (founded in 1923) was the only Rotary club in the island. But, as a result of major growth by the finance industry during the 1970's and early 1980's, it became apparent that there was a demand for a second club to be formed to attract the younger professionals.
With an initial membership of thirty two, the Rotary Club de La Manche received its Charter on 23rd November 1985, as a member of District 1110.
Since then the Rotary Club de la Manche has been actively involved in both local and international projects, including:
- Taking over in 2004 the organisation of the annual round-island walk that raises over 100,000 pounds per annum of charitable funds. This annual Round the Island Jersey walk is currently called the "State Street Around Island Walk" as this reflects the name of the sponsors.
- Helping to upgrade the indigenous cattle of poor countries by shipping Jersey bull semen for Operation Milk Flow
- Arranging the shipment of a herd of Jersey cows to the Lightforce farm in Albania
- Building a sensory garden for Mont a L'Abbe School and undertaking the maintenance of a valley in St Ouen
- Supporting both practically and financially, the Jersey charity Centrepoint, that provides after school care for children of working parents
- Organising (jointly with the Rotary Club of Jersey) an annual fete on Liberation Day to raise funds for local charities
- Organising the annual public speaking competition for island schools (Youth Speaks)
- Supporting the Start The Heart Appeal to provide defibrillators throughout the island
- Organising an annual dress down day in the island in order to raise money for charities
- Presenting a vehicle to the Jersey Cheshire Home (Millennium project)
- Helping (jointly with the Rotary Club of Jersey) to raise 80,000 pounds for Polio Plus in 2003 and subsquently raising over 100,000 pounds for Polio Plus
Organising the annual collection and despatch of Christmas shoeboxes filled with small gifts for the children of Romania. 2213 shoeboxes were filled by the Club and helpers last year.Each year the Club takes a leading role in raising funds for the Jersey Christmas Appeal. Our Clubs involvement is the organisation of the "Biggest Car Boot Sale" and a "Radio Auction" which regularly raises over fifty thousand pounds for the Appeal
The Club meets on the 2nd/4th Tuesday evening in the month (6 pm start) and its annual programme includes social evenings and cultural visits with spouses\partners\guests most welcome. To give some back ground, originally Rotary in 1905 was a single gender organisation with a total male membership. Over the last 20-30 years Rotary worldwide has tried to reflect the modern work place and the de la Manche Club has embraced this change with many sucessful talented female members joining the membership.
Meetings and events happening soon
Tuesday 19th September 18.15
la Mare Vineyards Tour and Meal
Tuesday 26th September 18.15
Committee or Business Meeting
Tuesday 3rd October 18.00
Tuesday 10th October 18.15
Dinner - Speaker
Tuesday 17th October 18.15
Out Meeting or Work Party
Be part of a global network of volunteers, trying to make the world a better place. Please also see the 'links & news' page for information from the local district and live feeds from Rotary International and Rotary International in GB&I.