An old club with a young outlook
The Rotary Club of Yeovil was Chartered in July 1922 and was one of the first clubs to be formed in the United Kingdom.
Members represent a wide range of professions including teaching, the military, engineering, law, accountancy, journalism, farming, property development, photograpy, motor sport promotion, hospital consultants, accountancy and financial services.The Club has nearly 40 members, both men and women, ranging from their 30s to their 80s. Weekly meetings are informal and the club has an excellent record of supporting its local community.
Social events are frequently held and partners, friends and family are encouraged to join in.
FOR INFORMATION REGARDING DISTRICT CONFERENCE 2019, PLEASE GO TO THE FOLLOWING LINK
(CLICK to open in the same Tab, or CONTROL + CLICK to open in a new Tab):
The Rotary Club of Yeovil/District 1200 Project
to Rebuild a School in Helambu Province, Nepal
in association with:
School in a Bag and Helambu Education Livelihood Partnership
Shree Deurali School post April 2015 earthquake, Sindhupalchowk, Nepal
The picture above shows the school facility before the earthquake in Nepal in April 2015. The Rotary Club of Yeovil, in conjunction with Rotary District 1200, has started a project to rebuild a school in Helambu Province, Nepal. The anticipated cost of the project is £64,000. The project will be run by the Nepalese NGO, Helambu Education Livelihood Partnership (HELP) in association with School in a Bag (SIAB) (an initiative run by the UK registered charity, the Piers Simon Appeal) and the Mondo Challenge Foundation (MCF). Luke Simon, from the Rotary Club of Yeovil, is the founder and CEO of School in a Bag and the Piers Simon Appeal.For more information, please see the following Project Document:
Or, see the project video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNcygOyl2Sk&feature=em-upload_owner
Or, visit the Yeovil Project Website: www.hungryplanet.com
Or visit the Rotary Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/yeovilrotary/
To donate to this worthwile cause, click the 'Donate' button below.
A 90 MINUTE RACE TO SCORE THE MOST!
FRIDAY 1OTH MAY 2019
• Form a team of ten players
• Register your entry
• Raise £100 in sponsorship (minimum)
• Play your match between 8.00 – 9.30pm
• Hit as many pins as possible or raise the most
sponsorship to win a free supper for the whole team
JOIN US FOR AN EVENING OF FUN, SPORT AND CHARITY FUND-RAISING
• Two prizes will be awarded: One for knocking down the most skittles & one for raising the most sponsorship.
• There will be no opposing team on site. The competition will be against the other teams playing at the same time at different venues.
• Teams will comprise ten players (including sticker-uppers).
• Teams must raise minimum sponsorship of £100 (£10 per player).
• Venues will be located in the South Somerset region.
• All teams will start playing at 8.00pm and finish at 9.30 pm, precisely.
• Appointed Rotary representatives will be present for each match. They will act as referees and transmit the scores to a central HQ.
• Organisers will calculate and communicate the results to teams by 10.30pm.
• A prize of free meals will be awarded to the two winning teams at a specially organised event where trophies and certificates will be presented.
The event is organised by the Rotary Club of Yeovil. The money raised will be donated to Children’s Hospice South West and other Rotary charities.
For further details, please contact:
Be part of a global network of volunteers, trying to make the world a better place. Please also see the 'links & news' page for information from the local district and live feeds from Rotary International and Rotary International in GB&I.
Family Rotary club use skills to kick-start local charities
Rotary members unite to tackle world hunger
Meetings & Venue
Where and when:
(Months with a fifth Tuesday, meet with partners and guests. For more information contact the Secretary on 01935 509583. Contact the Hotel at E: firstname.lastname@example.org )
Yeovil Court Hotel, West Coker Rd, Yeovil. BA20 2HE 01935 863746