The Rotary Club of Mold is primarily a service organisation and it arranges its programme with the view to:-
- Improving the welfare of the needy and disadvantaged;
- Encouraging the development of our young people;
- Raising money for local charities and good causes;
- Raising money for international projects, particularly to help the third world;
- Encouraging care of the environment.
Its activities for the current year, which include social events, are planned to include:
- Provision of assistance at the Disabled Games, Chester;
- Holding heats for 'Youth Speaks', a national competition for young people organised by Rotary;
- Holding heats for the 'Young Chef', a national competition for young people organised by Rotary;
- Continuing to sponsor and organise the Flintshire Primary Schools Chess League;
- Acting as judges at the Rotary Technology Tournament for school children;
- Manning a Christmas Float in Mold town centre and nearby, a fund raising activity for local good causes;
- Arranging a fund raising production at Clwyd Theatr Cymru;
- Holding a charity Quiz Night, a fund raising activity in aid of an international charity;
- Holding charity money-raising events;
- Enjoying social events including Fellowship Dinners and a theatre trip.
- The 25 members of the Club meet every Monday (except Bank Holidays) - please see box for details. Lunch is followed by a talk on a matter of interest to members.
Be part of a global network of volunteers, trying to make the world a better place. Please also see the 'links & news' page for information from the local district and live feeds from Rotary International and Rotary International in GB&I.