Welcome to the Rotary Club of Torquay
President Rory and Youth Service Chair Lorna with the winning pictures by Torquay Academy Year 13 student Szulami Kana. Read more
Torquay Rotary Club was formed in 1920 as the first club west of Bristol, and initially comprised 27 local businessmen with the Mayor of Torquay as President. It immediately identified the needs of Torbay Hospital (then in Higher Union Street) and began fund-raising initiatives on its behalf, which continue to the present day. In 1922 the club inaugurated a scheme for blue plaques on local buildings of note and two years later hosted clubs from all over Britain and Ireland for what was only their fifth ever conference.
President Rory Levy is inducted.