Privacy and Accessibility
Every effort has been made to ensure that the original template pages for this site are W3C compatible.
However, as the content of pages is supplied by the club, such content may not be compatible.
We use Google Analytics to make sure our statistics are reliable.
Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. We do not collect or store your personal information (e.g. your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
Some pages may have cookies used to integrate with Social Media sites, so that, for example, if you are logged into Facebook, you can 'like' pages.
We do not collect personal data in the public area of the site - if you complete a contact form, for example, your email address is not stored in a database for re-use, nor is any information passed to third parties.
Rotary Club of Senlac Privacy Notice (updated May 2018)
Rotary Club of Senlac (“we”) promise to respect the confidentiality of any personal data you share with us, or that we have access to through our activities, to keep it safe, and we will always take every effort to protect your privacy.
We pride ourselves on our honesty and openness and will always be clear how, when and why we collect and process your information; we promise we will never do anything with your details that you wouldn’t reasonably expect.
Developing a better understanding of our members and donors is crucial, and your personal data allows us to manage your membership and provide the services you are entitled to.
We collect information in the following ways:
When you give it to us DIRECTLY
There are many ways you may give us your information. For example,
¨When you attend an event that we are hosting
¨When you show interest in visiting the club
¨When you show interest in joining as a member
¨When you join as a member
¨When you volunteer
¨When you make a donation
¨When you purchase our products
¨When you show interest in our services
¨When you communicate with us either by phone, in writing, by email or in person.
We are responsible for your data at all times.
When you give it to us INDIRECTLY
Your information may be shared with us by independent organisations, for example sites like Virgin Money Giving or BT MyDonate or other such services. These independent third parties will only share your information when you have consented. You should check their Privacy Notice when you provide your information to understand fully how they will process your data.
When you share your data with us via Social Media
Depending on your settings or the privacy notices for social media and messaging services like Facebook, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Twitter, you might give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
When you share your data with us via information available publicly
This may include information found in places such as websites (club, district, action groups etc), Companies House and information that has been published in articles/newspapers.
What personal information we collect and how we use it
We will only ever capture the minimum amount of information that we need to in relation to your membership, donation or services we provide to you and we promise to keep your information secure. The personal data we will usually collect is:
- Your name
- Your contact details
- Your bank or credit card details (only as relevant to the service provided)
- Details of the enquiry, service or product
Where it is appropriate, we may also ask for additional information
How we will use your data
We will use your personal data for the legitimate interest of conducting core business activities, these will include:
- Hosting events and fundraising activities, for example but not limited to;
- Senlac Classic Car Show (vehicle and craft stall entries)
- Quiz nights
- Musical events
- Providing speakers for club meetings
- Providing support services to RYLA, schools, colleges and other organisations
- Providing donations to charitable causes and other organisations.
- Administer your membership or donation, including processing Gift Aid
- Provide you with the services, products or information you asked for
- Keep a record of your relationship with us
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information
- For any other purposes with your consent
We do not collect any personal information on members classified as ‘sensitive’ under GDPR.
Interact, Rotakids and under 18’s data
We do not collect or store information from under 18’s. Interact and Rotakids clubs are managed through the identified Rotarian member contact.
The RIBI District Youth Exchange Association operates as a separate entity to RIBI and RI and is responsible for the organisation of Rotary youth exchange programmes. You can view their privacy notice by visiting their website here.
1) Our service/host providers
In the course of our legitimate business activities, there may be a need for us to share, or give access to, your personal data to third parties that provide us with services or host our applications/software that you may access, for example:
- Banking organisations – those that provide our banking/payment services
- HMRC – for Gift Aid, tax and employment details
We will ensure that data processing agreements, compliant to GDPR, are in place before sharing with, or giving access to, your data with any of our service/host providers.
2) Sharing with third parties
We will never commercially sell your personal data to anyone else.
We will only ever share your personal data in other circumstances, not listed above, if we have your explicit and informed consent at the time of collection. However, we may need to disclose your details if required to the police, other agencies, for example HMRC, regulatory bodies or our legal advisors.
How we keep your information safe and who has access to it
Your personal information will be hosted securely within the UK. We ensure that there are appropriate physical and technical controls in place to protect your personal details.
We undertake regular reviews of who has access to information that we hold to ensure that your personal information is only accessible by appropriate Rotary members and our service/host providers. We do comprehensive checks on the companies we use before we work with them and put a contract in place that sets out our expectations and requirements, especially regarding how they manage the personal data they may have access to as part of providing those services.
We have a duty to report certain types of personal data breaches to the relevant supervisory authority, and where feasible, we will do this within 72 hours of becoming aware of the breach. If a breach is detected and likely to result in a high risk of adversely affecting you, we will inform you without undue delay.
How long we retain your information and how we keep it up to date
We will only keep your information for as long as we need it to assist you with your enquiry, donation, event registration or other services associated to the Rotary Club of Senlac. There are statutory timescales on how long we should keep your information, for example, gift aid transactions must be retained indefinitely, employment records for 6 years after an employee leaves, financial records must be kept for 7 years, information associated with Health & Safety for three years after an event. We shall delete your information according to these statutory limits, or according to guidance issued by the Information Commissioner.
The General Data Protection Regulations gives you certain rights and these are listed below for your convenience, further clarification of your rights is available on the Information Commissioners website
- You have a right to be informed when your personal data is being collected, what is collected and how it will be used or shared.
- You have a right of access to your personal data: the right of access allows you to be aware of and verify the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data. You can also request a copy of the information which we hold on you. This information will be provided free of charge, unless the request is found to be manifestly unfounded or excessive then a reasonable fee will be charged. The application should be made in writing, by letter or email, and addressed to the Secretary of the Rotary Club of Senlac, contact details shown below, enclosing two proofs of identification. Applicants should be aware that where requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because they are repetitive, Rotary Club of Senlac can:
- charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information; or
- refuse to respond.
- You have a right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked (restrict processing), erased (right to be forgotten), or destroyed.
- You have a right in certain circumstances to object to the processing of your personal data for such reasons as direct marketing, automated decision making, profiling; although we can confirm we make no decisions on you using an automated process.
- You have a right in certain circumstances to data portability.
We collect and process your personal data through legitimate interests or because you have provided it to us to enable us to deliver a service to you. We will only process your personal data as you would reasonably expect us to.
Finally, if you are unhappy with how we have processed your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Information Commissioner, contact details below.
Changes to this privacy notice
We may change this privacy Notice from time to time. If we make any significant changes in the way we treat your personal information we will make this clear on our website www.senlacrotary.org or by notifying you directly.
Our contact details
Rotary Club of Senlac Secretary
If you are unhappy with how we have processed your personal information, please firstly contact the Secretary of the Rotary Club of Senlac, details above. If you are still unhappy you may contact the following:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Helpline: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or ++44 1625 545 745
[This privacy notice was last reviewed and updated 08 May 2018]
For details about the Rotary International in Great Britain & Ireland privacy notice please click here.
For details about the Rotary International privacy notice please click here.